- Memorise a few phone numbers: Friends, relatives, colleagues - anyone will help most gladly.
- Try to plough on, but be reasonable: If you're wading through waist-high water (or more!) for a long time, check with people around if there's an alternate route.
- If you find a vehicle, ask around if someone else wants to go with you - even part of the way. The strangest irony is to see thousands walking on roads, while vehicles go by with one occupant.
- If you take any medicines, carry atleast an additional day's dose on your person, always.
- Carry food, water, money, your phone (in a ziplock bag, if it is raining), medicines (if any). And nothing else. Travel light.
- If you're in an unfamiliar city, keep emergency numbers with you.
Friday, 29 July, 2005
Bombay, or anywhere else... being prepared, and keeping your wits about you will make all the difference.