Friday 28 November 2008
Embassy Hotlines Setup for Mumbai Crisis
* A 24-hour hotline has been setup by the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada in Ottawa at: +16139968885
* In Mumbai, nationals are requested to call the consulate: +91 (22) 6749 4444
* Canadian citizens affected during this crisis can call collect to: (613) 996-8885 (where available).
* An Emergency Operations Centre website for affected Canadians, dedicated to the Mumbai attacks is now online.
Source: Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
* British Nationals in Mumbai affected by the attacks may request assistance by calling the British Emergency Center on their 24-hr helpline +91 11 2419 2288.
* If you are in the UK please call the Foreign office on 24-hr helpline +44 207 008 0000 (24-hrs)
* FCO Guidance for British nationals in Mumba (includes 24 hour reception center at British council library, embassy deployment desk at the Mumbai airport, transportation assistance & fast-tracking for lost passports during the crisis).
Source: UK & Foreign Commonwealth Office
* In India - 24-hour Emergency Cell hotline:
00 91 22 66694097
00 91 22 66694045
00 91 22 66694094
* If you are in France, please call the 24-hour Emergency Cell Helpline at the Ministry of External and European Affairs: 00 33 1 45 55 80 00.
Source: French Ministry of Foreign Affairs & French Consulate in Mumbai
Australian High Commission:
* 24 hour crisis centre in Canberra may be contacted from India by dialing: +91 11 4139 9900
* The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has set up a hotline for Australians with concerns for family or friends in Mumbai on 1800 002 214.
* Australians overseas requiring consular assistance should contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade on +61 26261 3305.
* In Australia, people should contact the Australian Government Mumbai Crisis Assistance Hotline on 1800 146 713.
* International callers should contact the Australian Government Mumbai Crisis Assistance Hotline by dialling 000 6117, this will put you through to an operator where you will need to quote +61 2 9203 6335.
* The Australian Government has also set up a website dedicated to this crisis and more information is available on www.disasterassist.gov.au
* Australians adversely affected by the terrorist attacks in Mumbai will be provided with financial assistance through Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payments (AGDRP). Further information is available on 1800 146 713
Source: Travel Advice Australia & Disaster Assist Australia
* Department of State Mumbai Task Force: +1-888-407-4747 toll-free and for callers in other areas, information available on a regular toll line: +1-202-501-4444
* U.S. citizens may contact the American Citizens Services Unit of the Embassy or the Consulates General for further information: The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi is located at Shanti Path, Chanakya Puri 110021; telephone +91-11-2419-8000; fax +91-11-2419-8407.
* The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay) is located at Lincoln House, 78 Bhulabhai Desai Road, 400026, telephone +91-22-2363-3611; fax +91-22-2363-0350.
Source: Warden Message via the US Consulate in Mumbai
* In Mumbai, 24-hour hotline: +91 9821016877.
* In Germany, a 24-hour special announcement helpline has been set up for situation updates on the crisis in Mumbai: +30 1817 6006 01 and 030 5000 2000
* Germany's Foreign Office which is monitoring the situation: 030 5000 2056.
Source: German Consulate in Mumbai
* Affected citizens are requested to contact embassy staff via their New Delhi hotline: +91 1126872029 or via e-mail to email@example.com
Source: Royal Thai Embassy in New Delhi
* 24-hour hotlines set up to address the situation: + 91 11268 89091 or +91 9910797014
Source: Philippines' Foreign Affairs Department
(This post will be updated shortly with more hotline numbers)
Posted by Angelo Embuldeniya at 7:38 PM